Tuesday 28 March 2006

J. Brian Hill in the UK update

J. Brian Hill arrived in the UK Saturday and there's been a whirlwind of activity since. Still jet lagged, he joined me, Geoff Howlitt and Living Hope at the Good Fellowship Inn for my debut performance. The night went very well, despite the expected nerves and general chaos of getting four performers to have a sound they're happy with. Geoff Howlitt opened the proceedings with a blend of his own songs in a variety of styles, including country and rock 'n' roll. Then came my set in which I played some of my older songs in addition to songs form Design For Life. Brian then treated us to a few songs and stories. The evening was completed with an enchanting set from Living Hope. It was an enjoyable evening all round.

Since then we had a fabulous meeting at my church, Holy Trinity, Boston. Simon Dowson the vicar invited Brian to share at an informal evening service which was not only well attended but a blessing to all who participated. I am grateful to Simon for trusting my word and taking a chance.

Brian is currently in Hull having spent the day at UCB and appeared on UCB Europe. I am eager to welcome him back to Skegness on Thursday.