Sunday 22 May 2005

Pottys 'r' us

We've had the joy of looking after Jack again for a few days (Wednesday - Sunday) and as usual he's kept both busy and very amused. 2 1/2 years old going on 50. You know what they're like at that age. I always wondered what folk meant about the 'terrible twos'. Now I've got some idea. Willful, petulant, demanding, but incredibly loving and dependent upon your presence. Jack is truly a joy to have around and he brings out the best in Tamara and I.

So what about pottys! Jack isn't potty trained yet, so we thought we'd help out. He got his first pants yesterday (that's underwear to anyone from the states). Thomas and friends. Jack loves Thomas the Tank Engine. So his first time wearing them left us a nice present in his car seat. I'm still drying the cover out! This morning, however was one of those first moments we've had the priviledge of seeing. He sat on his potty through three episodes of Fireman Sam and emerged triumphant with a potty full of pee pee. We were so proud of him. I hope his mum and dad continue to be successful over the next few weeks.

Those of you who know me will know what a massive part of our lives Jack is and why. I won't go into the details now. Maybe some other day.

Hooray for pottys