Monday 30 May 2005

Ready for a holiday

Last week was mental!

Monday - meeting about a community concert I've got our scholl choir and band involved in. Followed by a prolonged chat concerning teaching Steel pans at Butlins.

Tuesday - Big Band rehearsal in Louth til late. Very enjoyable. I've asked to play bass next week. I think I'll take my double bass, it should suit the band more.

Wednesday - open Jazz session in Alford. A little fraught with chaos, but some nice guitar playing from a few guitarists. I broke a string on my double bass. That's the first time that's happened in twenty years. John Le Voi's guitar sounds glorious. I know I shouldn't lust after belongings, but I WANT ONE ..... NOW!!!! He makes them himself. Only £1460. A snip for the quality of guitar. Ah well, in my dreams.

Thursday - Jazz night at the 1874 bar in Boston. I was a bit worried about this before hand, but soon felt relaxed and I think I played well. Not much left of my fingers though.

Friday - Neil's stag night. A gentle low-key affair. A lovely meal at the Golden Dragon in Boston follwed by a bit of a pub crawl (I was drinking coke - how I love driving on nights out :( )

Saturday - Wedding rehearsal for Neil and Tanya. I'm an usher. THen Jack's nursery's birthday party, celebrating the first year of opening. Jack calls it 'Sarah's School'. Crashed out in the evening.

Sunday - fairly normal. Seeing Jack in the morning followed by some quality time with Tamara. Then a barbeque at our neighbours house.

Today - Took mum to a garden centre with us. Lovely day out. Nice and relaxed. Then a bit of gardening and finally assembling Jack's new Bob the Builder trike.

And the holiday's only just started. I'm doing the big band rehearsal tmorrow night. So much for a relaxing holiday.