Friday 9 September 2005

And I thought it was just a bad cough!

At the beginning of the summer vacation I picked up my usual summer cold. I always get some form of annoying minor illness after a big show, but this seemed a little different. It came on as a bad cough on the weekend we went to Centerparcs. As a result I didn't feel strong enough to go swimming because I was getting short of breath quite easily. By mid-week it was getting quite bad. The weekend we got back I took mum to Congleton for a weeks respite care (but that's another story) so it was the following Tuesday that I finally got to the doctors. Anti-biotic - come and see me in a week. By now the cough was painful and was making me sick. Second lot of anti-biotics and still no better. So then it was an x-ray. Any way, 12 days later I'd heard nothing so I rang the doctors and asked them to confirm my suspisions that the x-ray was clear. I was told that I had to come into the doctors - then told to hold the line. The secretary had spoken to the doctor who said I'd had pnuemonia in my left lung. To say I was shocked was an understatement. It's no wonder I've been so negative and down recently. I've still got a croaky throat, so my plans to re-record some of my songs over the holidays have been totally scuppered. The good news is I don't have it anymore and I'll soon be able to sing again - because it's easier to sing when you can breathe. LOL