Wednesday 18 May 2016

Next Steps

I’m not sure who will read this so I’ll try to be brief and clear. Theddlethorpe has been a rollercoaster of an experience with as many highs as lows. I have an incredible respect for my primary colleagues as a result. It’s been a struggle to maintain my commitments to Skegness Silver Band and Steve Walker’s Big Swing Band. I’m getting more and more requests to perform and I’m also involved with the training band at Skeg Silver. Marking and planning takes a lot of my spare time as well. So I am in the process of making a new decision. Should I go it alone and resurrect my attempted music services or do I try to get back into secondary music teaching. My gut feeling is it’s time for the next step… So this is the plan (at the moment). From September I am considering becoming a professional musician once again. As an instrumental and vocal teacher. As a bassist. As a musical workshop provider. After much persuasion I’ve ditched the name Fret ‘n’ Clef (no one seemed to understand what it meant) and have simply gone for my name and what I offer. Steve Lowndes Music Services, SLMS for short. I would initially offer bass, piano, guitar, brass and vocal tuition. I will also offer theory teaching for those planning to go through the grades. Over the next few months I’ll also be developing the delivery of key stage 2 music workshops to support PPA or as one off workshops. I’m thinking Singing, Ukulele or Samba to start and maybe add African drumming. I’ll also be looking at delivering the national curriculum for smaller primaries. I’m keen to hear what people think of these plans and would welcome any suggestions.