Thursday 19 January 2006

American Dates

If I told you would you believe me?

This has been a facinating 6 months. Way back a friend reintroduced me to Michael Card's music (thanks Nigel) and so God hauled me back into the fold after wandering for a while. I joined the Michael Card forum and immediately got friendly with TJ Draper amongst others. It's funny how you are more likely to trust people you have contact with than strangers. On the MC board I was introduced to Jadon Lavik, who had a myspace. Then another artist who also had a myspace. So upon further investigation I created my own myspace and stuck some rough recordings on. Soon four people were to enter my life and turn it around like I had never imagined. Living Hope, an acoustic duo from Hull (Robin & Squil) and J. Brian Hill soon became my confidents and mentors and best of all friends. Mikael Nordin introduced me to the joys of my guitar again. And all of them helped me to complete 'Design For Life'.

So what's happened since?

Well coming up I'm in Hull assisting in worship leading with Living Hope and again in March for a joint gig. J. Brian is coming to the UK for a solo tour and is doing dates in Hull and Skegness as part of his itinery. But to top it all off, as if that wasn't enough, Brian's invited us all over to Chicago to perform at his church. I'll be going in May 19th-22nd and will be participating in worship as well as the Concert on the Hill at Sanctuary Church Batavia, Chicago. To say I'm excited is the understatement of the decade. I only wish Tamara were coming with me. God has blessed me greatly and I am in awe of His wonderful presence in my life. He has brought me from the depths of despair into His marvellous light.